Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Twitter and Pensacola

I am in the process of joining the tech revolution. I still don't even understand everything yet, but I'm giving it a good shot. It all started with the website for Bobe's Hobby House. Then I added a facebook page for myself, and for Bobe's Hobby House. Now I've joined Twitter for Bobe's Hobby House (@bobeshobby). What's next? I just don't know yet.

On both Facebook and Twitter, I've run into other interesting organizations, like Visit Pensacola. This is a website run by the Pensacola Bay Area Chamber of Commerce. They are trying to reach 1559 followers (#raceto1559) on their twitter account (@VisitPensacola). For those who don't know the history of the area, there's quite a lot to know. But what's being celebrated this year is the 450th anniversary of Pensacola. We lay claim to being the oldest European settlement in North America. St. Augustine only beats us because the first Pensacola settlement was washed away by a hurricane. Pensacola was not re-established until after St. Augustine. Anyway, on Saturday August 15 at 9:00 AM there will be a re-enactment of Don Tristan De Luna's landing, along with other celebrations. Check out Celebrate Pensacola for more info.

No comments:

Post a Comment